Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Newmaguma: More On That Later......

Recently, I have had the opportunity to get my hands back into some clay.  So I've decided to start making some faces/masks/heads for some upcoming sculptures I plan to create.



















A few more.



I'm hoping to combine the ceramic faces/masks/heads with wood/mixed media bodies.  More on that later....

Remember allinitogether from this past Summer at The Figge Art Museum? When we took it down over the Labor Day weekend, I saved several of the panels so they could be re-purposed for some sculptures I want to build.


Some of the panels have been reused to create bases.  I cut down the sheets of plywood and laminate them together to create a heavy base to help anchor the sculptures.



There is a reasonable chance that I will put Bondo on them to give them a more 'crusty metal' look.  More on that later as well.........


I have also started to create the figures.  The texture on this one is a combination of plaster, and then a coat of paint/cement mixture (see my previous post XXXXXXXXXXXX).



The sections/fragments of the other panels will be used to make bases of a different sort......



But, more on that later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment