Thursday, January 11, 2018

My Next Big Project

Even though In/ConFLUENCE is still up for a few more weeks at Quad City Arts, I am now redirecting my attention to my next big art/studio project.  With a great deal of excitement, I am pleased to announce I will be having a one-person show at The Figge Art Museum this coming Summer.  Socrates, Soup Cans, and The Cola Wars Pop Culture Palimpsest opens June 9th!  You can read more about it by clicking on this LINK to the Figge Art Museum's website

I am creating all new work for the show.  Over the past few months, I have already started to share posts of the some of the pieces that I am going to include in the show.  There have been a few pieces that are well along the way to completion, but there are way more that are just beginning to progress.  For the next 5 1/2 months I will be hunkered down in the studio frantically making carved frames, painted constructions, and mixed media sculptures.  The upside for those of you with insomnia, is that I will be posting smaller, but more frequent updates on my blog.

Here is a sneak peek at just a few of the pieces (in their early stages) that will be in Socrates, Soup Cans, and The Cola Wars  Pop Culture Palimpsest:


















Next time we'll revisit Voyage of Discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment