Sunday, May 20, 2018

Naughty Time: Part II

When we last left Naughty it was getting hazed over.  A few weeks have passed, and now it's time to dive back in to the canvas.


Before I get into the line work for the second layer, I want to add (adhere) the cameo of Lord Fenton Percival Philpotts Pennymoore and the insert for Stately Pennymoore Manor.  I wrap both bases with some of this leftover billboard material that I have been holding onto for years (and by years I mean around 19 years).  Not only does it provide a nice base color/texture, but it also establishes a relationship between the cameo (Lord Fenton Percival Philpotts Pennymoore) and the Stately Pennymoore Manor.  Love those Ben-Day Dots!


I apply a big ole glob of adhesive caulk to adhere these insert panels to the surface of the canvas....


...like that....


...and that.


Now that those are attached, I can move on to the line work.  I wanted the inserts in place at this stage of the process so I have a better ability to visualize what is going on with the canvas/composition.

Then I get down to the line work...







Once the line work has had about a week to dry, it's time to add the color(s).  I mix together a batch of 8 colors for the canvas.  I will reuse many/most of them for the carved frame that goes with Naughty.















I still have a few areas of line work to add (details primarily) and to paint the relief areas something in addition to the base color I laid down many moons ago.


We'll deal with the frame in a future post, but next time we'll take a look at what is going on with Eclipse.


No comments:

Post a Comment