Sunday, October 7, 2018

Finishing The Headdress For Wardrobe Malfunction

I started this post a while back and I am just getting around to posting it.  I was hoping to publish during the run of Pop Culture Palimpsest, but obviously failed in doing so.  Anyway, here is how the headdress for Wardrobe Malfunction came together...

The face is mostly complete.  I just need to add several ostentatious flourishes.


Fortunately, I have Katarina helping for a full session today.  She actually found it easier to work through the headdress than to have it in the way on my makeshift table.


Adding some bases/shapes for the pyramid and eye combo.



I'll give you one guess who got all 'sugared up' before coming in to work...


We added a few more curves and flourishes to the face portion of the headdress.  In order to make sure everything adheres thoroughly, I place everything under some weight.


and PRESTO!...


I need to prime it with several coats of paint before I unleash the gold spray paint.



Here is the whole assembly after getting a delightful coat of gold spray paint.



What about this pyramid and eye business I was talking about earlier?  Where is that?  It's right on top of the crenelated gate house (top center of the image below).



As the headdress looked on the wall in Pop Culture Palimpsest.


Ultimately this piece is going to have a resplendent gold carved gold frame as well.  Here is a peek of the beginnings of the frame.


We'll take a look at the frame carving it in a future post...which may be in a while since I have carved 2 1/2 years worth of frames in the last 9 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment