Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Dude Looking Up

Dude Looking Up -a new low for unimaginative working titles.



This 'dude' needs something to stand on.  I just happen to have the top of a hill with a Greek temple on it lying around the studio.  But then again, who doesn't?


After a few priming coats.



Normally this is the part when I would say something about adding a base layer of imagery.  However, it is not.  I was about to add a layer of imagery to this piece and a separate piece I am working on (with the working title of 'Once Upon A Time...').  I had both of them leaning up against Money-A-Tize (which was hanging on the wall) trying to figure out what I wanted to do next.  I suddenly saw a connection between the two pieces.


Then I also thought about adding a third panel which would/could be a wood carving.


Then I realized how much I was responding to the colors and the oval shape from Money-A-Tize (kind of a mix between a rising/setting sun and a slice of lemon on the rim of a glass.

This changes a lot of things...a four-panel piece?

Regardless of my fancy plans (and pants to match!), these canvases still need some layers of imagery/line work before I join them into one composition.  I'll close with a few images of their base layers...



Since I'm highly unsure of the direction these are gonna take, I'm not able to close with one of my vague 'Next time we'll check in and see XXXX take place'.  So I'll just close with until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment