Saturday, July 11, 2020

Sails


The working title for this piece is 'Sails'.  A more eloquent title is hopefully forthcoming...


I've been kicking this piece around for years in the studio without ever really taking a definitive action(s) to move it forward.  Today that changes.

Lines!





Gonna see what that gets me before I fill up the entire canvas.


Colors! ...at least some of them...




I'm throwing this next image in to show all of the different layers and textures I am trying to paint over.  They're evidence of previous incarnations and repair jobs/patches to the surface.  The uneven surface makes it noticeably more challenging than normal to paint and draw smooth lines.


Here it is with a handful of colors.  I still need to apply three or four more, but I must wait for the paint to dry.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment