Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Elko Roadtrip Dialog

Back in January, I took a road trip out to Nevada to drop off some artwork.

One of the places I passed through was Elko, Nevada.

The roadside signs caught my attention, so I popped a quick picture for future sketchbook use.


At the time, I didn't know specifically what these things might ultimately become, but I did know for certain that if I didn't commit them to one of my notebooks/sketchbooks in short order, they would disappear and never manifest as anything.  The act of drawing/making helps to cement them in my mind.


Another re-drawing.


The beginnings of Elko Road Trip Dialog.


The first layer of line work includes part of the skyline from Elko, Nevada, and a bag of fries I bought from the bodega down the street from my studio.


Time to add some color so I can get a better sense of this layer.








Here's how things looked after my first color pass.


Now for some more color additions.






I have a few lines to add in a few places, but I think this gives you a pretty good sense of how things are rolling out.  Next time we look at this piece, I'll be underway with the second layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment