Tuesday, May 7, 2024

The Other Shoe Drops. It's Made of Cardboard. And It's A Welcome Change of Pace.

 The other thing I was doing this past winter was hunkering under a couple of blankets while I hot-glued fabric to cu out cardboard shapes.  You shall bear witness.

Here's the pile of things I worked on for the last 5 months.



Here's just a few random ones to give y'all a sense of what they're actually all about.  These are just set down on a primed canvas and photographed so I can test out different compositions/relationships with them.



A couple of the canvases after just one layer of primer.


So here is an example of testing different configurations/compositions/relationships.  I just am using two different pieces and seeing how changing the spacing and orientation of each piece can change the 'vibe' or interaction between them.







.This was just a quick exercise.  At this point, I have NO IDEA if these two pieces will ultimately end up on the same canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment