Sunday, March 3, 2013

Freeze Frame Schoopt! Schooopt! Deda-Leda-Leda!

Another quicky!

So I got the Waffle-Head Grenade Dudes together with some real world grenades (diffused) and had a photo shoot -Hence the J. Geils Band reference for the title (for you non-devotees of all things 1980s).  (A link to the Wikipedia blurb on The J. Geils Band)

Here are some of the results:




After the initial round of pictures, I realized I was not terribly happy/content with my initial color choices for the Waffle-Head Grenade Dudes, so I decided that since I had a few hours before I was going to return the grenades whence they came, I would crack out the spray paint and make a few adjustments.....


I'm not 100% sure on the names, but I used three different colors of spray paint.  I think they were somethings like 'True Pink', 'Grape' and 'Jade Satin'.  Hmmmmmm, Magic 8 Ball says: 'Who Cares?'.

Story- I'll be totally honest, I was creating an permanent exhibition for a local museum and I needed a dark brown color.  I went to the local hardware store and was searching through their paint swatches when I saw a brown named 'Rough and Ready'.  How was I not supposed to choose that one?  So yes, a museum has a prominent color in a permanent exhibition chosen solely because of its name.  I think for all parties concerned we're lucky there wasn't a hot pink color named 'infected toe' or 'startling burp', because I probably would have sneaked them into the exhibit too.

I rearranged things a bit and shot a few more images.



A close-up shot (you can really see the 'true rose' color giving us its 'all')


These next two are the ones I am currently the happiest with (and most likely to use for publicity IF I use any of them for publicity).



*Please note: that no waffles were harmed in the making of these images.  Any resemblance to actual waffles, living or deceased, real or imagined, is purely coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment