Here are some images from the various stages of development...
The idea started with a hook I removed from the back of another piece.
I jotted it down in the form of a quick doodle in the 'notes' section of my phone so I wouldn't forget it.
As soon as I could, I committed it to one of my sketchbooks so I wouldn't lose it.
A few weeks later, I started its actual fabrication...
I laid out the cardboard shapes and noted how thick I wanted to make each individual piece (that's what the numbers one each section mean).
Then I cut them out and started to cover each individual section with fabric.
I adhered the sections in their proper configuration using a picture I took of the initial layout.
I primed them with several coats of paint and then finally applied oil paint to get nearer to my desired final result.
This is pretty close what I want as a finished piece. Just a few color additions and some slight tweaking and I think Point of Contact will be officially completed.