Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Thoroughfare -The Beginning

The first stage after staring at a blank canvas is to lay down some marks/colors.  The first coat of paint just gets things rolling.  I didn't really have a plan at this point, I was just making some marks to start the image-making process.  Some quick play resulted in what you see below.


After the first coat dried, I still wasn't being motivated to dive in, so I added some more colors and shapes.  Here it is with the second coat of paint with a few detail shots to boot.




That second coat did the trick.  It's just a slight change really, but enough that I am now seeing what I want to do.  So it is time to add some lines!





This is truly just the start of the piece, but there is enough information here to start getting excited about what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment