Monday, May 1, 2017

It's All In The Details With Re and De

I'm tackling the second layer for Re:10 and De:12 (I think I need to come up with a better name)

I've laid down most of the color for this layer, and now I'm starting to add some details in a few places.

Brick by brick.


Fortunately, there weren't a great deal of details to add (I'm a little burned out after making a bunch of windmills for another piece.).  So now I'm back to finishing the color portion of the show.














Some of my wood blocks of text that I carved with my trusty Dremel Tool are in the foreground.


Painting around all of the toppings was a bit time-consuming.  I'm considering making my pizzas in the future a little bit differently.......




I'll let this dry for a few days and start making preparations (sketches mostly) for the next, and hopefully last, layer.  As I am envisioning it now, most of these images will be hazed over so the carved wood blocks of text become more prominent.  We'll see how it all unfolds.


Next time we'll take a look at those windmills I was talking about earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment