Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Point of Contact

I'm nearly done working on Point of Contact.


Here are some images from the various stages of development...

The idea started with a hook I removed from the back of another piece.


I jotted it down in the form of a quick doodle in the 'notes' section of my phone so I wouldn't forget it.

As soon as I could, I committed it to one of my sketchbooks so I wouldn't lose it.


A few weeks later, I started its actual fabrication...



I laid out the cardboard shapes and noted how thick I wanted to make each individual piece (that's what the numbers one each section mean).





Then I cut them out and started to cover each individual section with fabric.


I adhered the sections in their proper configuration using a picture I took of the initial layout.


I primed them with several coats of paint and then finally applied oil paint to get nearer to my desired final result.







This is pretty close what I want as a finished piece.  Just a few color additions and some slight tweaking and I think Point of Contact will be officially completed.


I did have a second hook from that initial piece.  Perhaps someday I will make a version 2.0...?

No comments:

Post a Comment