Sunday, June 23, 2019

A Slight Detour (again) Playtime

With all of the painting and carving that I need to do to push some of my works-in-progress further towards completion, it would be highly irresponsible to just take a day or two (or four!) to start a totally new piece just because it struck my fancy.  If at this point, anyone mistakes me for a responsible adult, that's their problem.

This is another variation on my lone sign/silhouette idea I have been playing around recently.

Testing different towers that I have created, but are currently not being used in any specific piece (i.e. they are sitting on a shelf in a pile waiting to be incorporated into something).








Expanding some of the shapes along the bottom.



Testing out some arches in the composition.


The final configuration adhered into place and primed with several layers of paint.


After everything dried, I started in with the base layer/color of oil paint.  I wanted a warm dark brown for the base.  The final piece will be nearly monochromatic (white), but I want all of the nooks and crannies to be darker.




The second base layer of oil paint applied three days later.  (At least) one more base layer of color to go before I start any line work.


The third base layer of color.




Now it's finally ready for some line work.


The painting is pretty gooey right now, so it will be a few weeks before I can dive into the line work.

No comments:

Post a Comment