Sunday, July 7, 2024

Shapely Shapes and Other Considerations: Part VI

 Let's take a break from drawings and look at some of the goings on in the studio.

I spent many days this winter wrapping cardboard shapes with hot glue and fabric so I could make pieces like the image you see below. In an earlier post I showed a whole stack of 'starts'/'components' just waiting to be incorporated into an idea that has yet to fully manifest.

Here's what the different pieces look like. I write a number on each one so I can remember how thick (how many plys of cardboard) to make each shape. It's not uncommon to have a delay of several days, or weeks, between when I decide to make these shapes and when I actually fabricate them.  If I had to rely on my memory, I'd be doomed.  Notes and sketches whenever possible.


This is another piece that has just been primed.  I have a lot of decisions ahead of me as far as how this dude is gonna turn out.

The same thing can be said about this canvas.  I'm just at an early playing around stage with what's going on.


Anyway, that's an early peek at some things in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment