Sunday, July 8, 2018

Flowchart: Black And White -The Carved Frame Portion Of The Show

Flowchart: Black and White has come a long way from its very beginning. As the piece has evolved, I realize my initial working title is no longer 'working' as well as it could.  I should probably come up with a better/more eloquent title.  I was watching some political pundit show the other day, and some suit coined the term "...racing towards the conflict...".  It has stuck with me enough (especially the double meaning of 'racing'), that I think I'm going to use it for the title.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, "Racing Towards The Conflict".

Anyway, here it is early early early on.


The first layer of imagery.


Another layer


The top/3rd layer of imagery + a haze coat.


Slightly touched up.



Finished.

On to painting the frame.







Put them all together, and it looks something like this!


Come check out Pop Culture Palimpsest at The Figge Art Museum through September 2nd.


No comments:

Post a Comment