Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Relics of The Republic: Moonlit Ruins and Rampart

 

Lately I have had the good fortune to be able to  hunker down and make a goodly amount of ceramic pieces.  I have found a few glazes that I really like and have just been able to sculpt with clay.  I've not found a better medium that allows me to create at the speed I think.  Usually there is some kind of delay between 'inspiration' and 'implementation'.

Now when I say 'inspiration', I'm not talking some grand parting of the clouds, trumpets blaring, and a beam of heavenly light shining down upon me, but much more like 'what if I did this?', or 'How would this look if I stuck these two things together?'.

This first piece is called Moonlit Ruins.  It's cone 6 stoneware for those who care to know such things.  For those who don't, don't read that last sentence.





I also made Rampart.







I have several more ceramic installments coming in the near future + some (hopefully) exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment