Friday, December 30, 2022

(The) Blueprint

A quick reprieve from all of the posts with ceramics...

Oooooda-Lolly!  For this piece, I needed some stars.  Like a LOT of stars...


If you ever want to question the purpose of your very existence, spend several days cutting out cardboard stars and wrapping them with fabric.



Then I needed to wrap the stars with fabric and then adhere them to the surface.





Once everything was in place and adhered, I applied several coats of primer and the started to lay down some base washes of oil paint.

At this point, I have several nice washes of blue to lend some interest to the background.  It's just the beginning, but if the base isn't right/active, the subsequent layers aren't going to work (look/resonate) they way I'd like them to.


An 80s pop culture reference - which is a small part of the idea behind this piece, is to the video game Blueprint.  Gold star for you if you ever remember seeing/playing it.  If you have no idea what I am talking about, here is a Link to Blue Print Video Game to go check out.

Anyway, this star motif is going to start to appear in more projects moving forward.  I'll talk about it more in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment