Sunday, December 6, 2020

Roadside Attraction #64: Canyonlands

 So Roadside Attraction #64: Canyonlands was one of the first -if not the first, piece I made in this series.  When I first started exploring this idea, I was (partially) motivated by using an old abandoned drawer for something. Anything.  It had sat around, tucked in a back corner of my studio, for over a decade.  So I made sure the pieces I was making could fit inside the various sections of the drawer in case I wanted to use it as a delivery vehicle for display.




It ends up that I don't think I will be using the drawer, so back into the corner it goes.  Instead, I think I will be fabricating individual (shadow) boxes for each of the pieces...



I have a few boxes to make...





Here's the first one in action.





Next time we'll take a look at The Road To Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment